These caramel apple cheesecake bars will be a hit at ANY Thanksgiving get together!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2sticks butter), softened
- 3 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel topping for drizzling after baked
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9×13 baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- For the streusel topping: in a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over apples. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping and let cool.
(Makes 16 servings)
Serve cold and enjoy!
Recipe brought to you by SoundSide Apartment Homes. The coolest apartment community in Fort Walton Beach, Florida!